Beaver Bay, MN6>
- Kennel located North of Montreal - over the last 25 years our kennel of 40 dogs race the mid and long distance in preparation for the 2015 Yukon Quest.
St. Michel des Saints, Québec, CA6>
- Blake was raised in Heron Lake and moved to Finland,MN in 2003 in search of the best snowfall in Minnesota. He actually began mushing in 1998 and has finished the Iditarod 3 times, in 2000, 08 and 10. He was the 2004 Beargrease Marathon Champion and finished the 1000 mile Yukon Quest in 2005. He has a degree in Mechanical Drafting and Design and has been employed as a technician by the U.S. Forest Service since 2004. He is married to Jennifer who also ran the Iditarod in 2008. Blake is a member of Lake County Search and Rescue.
- My wife/handler/best friend Pat and I are transplanted southerners now residing in the U.P. of Michigan. We were introduced to the sport of mushing in 2006 and after a couple of years of handling for Truman Obermeyers Brewery Creek Racing we took the plunge into racing for the 2008-2009 season. Our kennel is made up of 12 Alaskan Husky/Eurohounds ranging in age from 1 to 6 years. We thoroughly enjoy the people, dogs and sport of mushing. The longer we are in the sport, the more our respect and admiration for our canine athletes grows. We look forward to returning for our third Beargrease Mid-Distance race. I am a pilot for Delta Airlines and my wife is a teacher. We have 4 grown children and 5 young grandchildren.
Grey Eagle, MN6>
Kakabeka Falls, Ontario, CA6>
- Journeyman Lineman for Dte Energy in the Thumb of Michigan. Racing sleddogs for several years - We have 38 dogs in our kennel. My wife and handler Ali along with our soon to be born little girl Nov. 20? Love spending time with our k-9's. We have three acres fenced in the backyard and a dog cabin where our animals rest - this includes old retired sleddogs, young immature ones and very tired race dogs in training. The dogs love to relax by the fireplace with us. A fun time on the trail was in 2011 stopping two ten dog teams at the same time. We had 20 dogs side by side with no fighting until the musher caught up to his team: )
Two Harbors, MN6>
- Originally from Georgia, Alice developed a love of sled dogs at a young age. Her interest lead her North in search of somewhere she could pursue her interest in the sport. She began working with Blake and Jennifer Freking in 2008 and this year will be running a team comprised of both their dogs and her own. This will be her third Beargrease 150.
- This will be my third running of the Beargrease mid-distance race. Highlights from previous races include taking home the Red Lantern in 2011 and carrying all the Trail Mail for the race in 2013.
Kaministiquia, Ontario, CA6>
- My wife and I have been running dogs for around 10 years, owning our own kennel for 6 years. We have lived in Ontario and the Yukon and Northwest Territories which is where we acquired most of our dogs. We have a small kennel of 11 running dogs. Second year running Beargrease returning with the same crew, cant wait !
Kakabeka Falls, Ontario, CA6>
- This will be my third running of the Beargrease. I absolutely love this race! When I'm not running dogs I work in the bar department at Fortune Bay. I would like to thank my good friends OLY and Shane for your help and support! Without you guys this wouldn't be possible. I would also like to thank my sponsors Zimmy's, Hibbing, MN, Frank's Marine, Orr, MN, Barn Yarns, Greaney, MN and everyone for their continuing support.
- I have been around sled dogs all my life. I did my first two dog race when I was seven or eight, my races have been getting bigger and better ever since. My dad and I run a small kennel in Northwestern Ontario. We started doing mid-distanstance races last year and are coming back again this year for more. I look forward to doing this years Beargrease.
Sioux Lookout, Ontario, CA6>
- We have been racing for three years and recently moved to northern Minnesota to run dogs more than we already were. We have 22 dogs in our kennel. Nuannaarpoq means to take extreme joy in being alive. Last year running the Beargrease, I saw a wolf on the trail--my team and I thought this to be very exciting. My husband and I take turns racing the team.
Grand Marais, MN6>
- I love this race and I'm looking forward to the beautiful trails in northern MN
St. Cloud, MN6>
- I grew up in family of 10 children and I've been running dogs all my life. Recently I've been accepted to vet school in Madison, WI, where i will attend fall 2014. I'm currently enjoying my 1 year deferral from vet school by handling and running dogs with Blake & Jen Freking at Manitou Crossing Kennel.
- I will graduate from the University of North Dakota in December 2013. Once I am back in the area we plan on building our kennel up in hopes of starting to do more races around the area. Our kennel has 35 dogs. I have been running dogs since I was 7 years old and this will be my 7th beargrease half-marathon.
- Married, two grown children, three Beautiful Granddaughters. Been at 3m 33 plus years. Still competing in triathlons, tough mudders, and swim races. Running dogs for 20 years or so. Still gets my heart racing just to see the love the dogs have for going out for a run on Sled, or ATV! AS Always thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the volunteers that make this race possible!!
North Branch, MN6>